The scientific program of the NS-Park INI concentrate on the main therapeutic challenges of PD and movement disorders to develop innovative dopamine and non-dopamine drugs, devices or other interventions, and combine them together into optimised therapeutic strategies. The goal is to improve the control of motor and non-motor symptoms, to better manage and/or prevent the complications of the disease and its treatments, and ideally to slow its progression.
Our objectives are the following:
To facilitate academic and industrial clinical research in the field of Parkinson's disease and abnormal movements. For this, we offer our expertise in:
- Methodological support: development of new concepts and original trial designs (e.g.: wash-out, cross-over, delayed-start,..),
- Administrative, financial and logistical support: from conception to implementation and follow-up of clinical or pathophysiological studies with:
- Evaluation of the feasibility of trials and of the capacity of recruitment in the network,
- Proposal of a single budget evaluation applicable to all centers,
- Support for the regulatory submissions,
- Facilitation of the signature of contracts,
- Real time follow-up of inclusions during monthly meeting with CRAs.
- Staff training: training to Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and certification of investigators for rating scales (MDSUPDRS,MDS-UDysRS…),
To promote translational research in the field:
- Privileged partnerships with preclinical teams and research infrastructures such as NeurATRIS (taskforce 5)
To give to our network an european level:
- to be the sponsor of one project or more
- to participate to an european project by coordinating a work package